The Scots School Albury recognises that the educational experience we provide for our students should not be one dimensional. Our co-curricular program is student centred. It evolves from and works with the values of our academic program, to consolidate students’ strengths and allow them to flourish in a range of inspirational and transformational pursuits.
The wide range of activities that are offered allow for individual growth and success in a safe, caring and supportive environment. The program is designed to offer challenges and opportunities for life, learning and leading through the Arts, Physical Learning (Sport) and Service Learning.
Objectives of the Co-Curricular Program
- To be active, compassionate and ethical members of the communities they become involved with.
- To provide opportunities to increase their sense of purpose and belonging.
- The development of attitudes towards health, the arts and community service that will enhance their quality of life into adulthood.
- To provide new experiences and challenges to broaden their outlook, pursue their existing passions and develop the courage to explore new interests.
- Experience a broad range of activities that will enhance social and emotional development.
- Participate in a variety of transformational creative pursuits across their school journey.
- Promote understanding of the importance of a healthy lifestyle and develop lifelong health and fitness practices.
- Develop problem solving strategies to foster resilience and resourcefulness.
- Discover and learn skills, strategies and conventions associated with a range of different activities.
- Be able to apply classroom skills in a new context.
- To develop the skills to become articulate and resourceful leaders within a variety of organisations.
- Foster a desire to make a positive difference to the communities they may become involved in, at school and throughout their lives.
- Be exemplary in their inclusive and caring attitude towards others, in any context.
- Have the awareness to know what action is required in a variety of situations, and the courage to take that action.